Hello friends! It’s time to check in and see how we’re doing with our To-Do lists. I sewed every day this past week, for about 7 hours a day. That’s not quite how I envision a work week, since I’d really like to take weekends off, but my workload was a bit too big for me to meet my deadlines without working over the weekend. The past two weekends, actually. The Mister is not thrilled about that, and frankly neither am I. Learning to schedule properly is high on the need-to-do list.
I began my large commissioned order for 25 zippered bag pouches of two different sizes. I am doing this assembly line style, so I cut out all of the fabrics and interfacings, did the fusing, and am now in the process of finishing the bags. I’ve got them sorted by thread color, since I hate having to constantly change threads.
I only have seven bags completely finished, and I made six more today. One of those little bags is actually for someone else’s order, but I needed to finish that bag today since her order is being mailed tomorrow. So, in addition to the seven completed bags for the big order, I assembled five more bags today. I still have to hand sew the linings closed. I save that step for the evenings, since I can sit on the couch with the Mister while hand sewing. It goes into my cross stitching time, but it’s still hand sewing and I love that part!
This coming week will be finishing this large order, and then making four more project bags along with a coordinating tool pouch for another order. Once these bags are done, I think I will be done taking commission orders before our summer vacation. I am really at the point of burnout, and I don’t want to end up hating a hobby I love. Also, I need to find enough energy to make myself a new handbag before we leave, since my old one is starting to fall apart.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish Commissioned orders
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!