Ya’ll. I almost forgot to write this post! My days are all mixed up and I have to repeatedly ask the Mister what day it is. Thankfully I realized it was Monday “blog writin’ day” and got this done before bedtime!
We are at the Oregon House this week. We had a safe drive up, with mostly no issues. There was one severe allergy attack (me) around Bishop, CA, and one rock thrown at the windshield around Winnemucca, NV that resulted in a crack. We expected the crack to creep all the way across the windshield, but it stopped at about 9″. Love technology though, while I took over driving the Mister grabbed his phone, went through the Geico app and arranged to have it fixed on Monday. Safelight came out and replaced the window in two and a half hours time. Sweet!
I was super happy to see the house. The Daffodils and Hyacinths are blooming, the tulips are growing, as are the day lilies (my very favorite!). The peach tree and blueberry bushes have buds on them. The Marion berry vines are held up by two posts with wires running across them. One of the posts broke in the last few months. There was a huge tangle of old vines, new vines, and wire on the ground. I cut everything but four primocanes back to the ground. We planned on fixing the post and wrapping more of the vines, but other work got in the way…
The last time anyone was at the house was in October when Mister came to oversee the apple tree trimming. He ran the water through the house and had no issues then. When we arrived this week, 5 months later, we had some issues. Long story short, we have a bunch of rust in the lines that clogged up the faucets and bath spout and shower heads. We’ve spent the days here trying to figure out what’s going on (no, it’s not the hot water heater, it’s the 67 year old plumbing lines and lack of use), and fixing everything. It’s funny, on the drive up the Mister turned to me at one point and said, “I don’t want to spend this entire week working. I want to relax and enjoy the house.” I replied, “You know, every time you say something like that, we end up working our behinds off.” In the middle of the plumbing debacle you know I had to bring THAT conversation back up, right? Yeah, you know it had to be done!
Anyway, no projects to show this week. I was stitching on Sleepy Hollow on the drive up, when the roads weren’t too awfully bumpy, and I had a bit of time today while the Safelight guy was fixing the windshield. That will be the only crafty related thing I work on this week. I hope ya’ll are having a great week. I hope to be more prompt with my blog visits and replies to comments. This past week has been pretty crazy, so please forgive my tardiness.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Help the Mister with the plumbing issues
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!