Have you ever had a sewing project where you made mistakes pretty much every step along the way? This week’s project was ‘THAT’ project for me: The Polaris bag, a pattern by Sew Sweetness for the March Bag of the Month.
It is a smaller bag, and a simpler pattern, so I cut out fabrics to make two bags. I figured I’d be done with both bags in a day in a half. I probably would have been, too, if I hadn’t had to take the bag apart repeatedly to fix stupid mistakes because I wasn’t paying attention when sewing. The bag is 99% finished, I just have to finish stitching the lining into the bag. Despite all of the struggles I think it turned out nicely, and I have a list of make-sure-not-to-do’s for the second bag!
The first Polaris bag I made I chose pretty Alison Glass fabric and Mirror Glitter Vinyl in Gunmetal. The second bag is more my usual edgy style; Alexander Henry Mindblown Skull Engines and orange Mirror Glitter Vinyl. Hopefully I’ll have less trouble with this bag. I’ll write a Finished Friday post after both bags are done.
What have you been working on? Any new finishes?
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish Skull Engines Polaris Bag
- Work on commission Window Shopper Tote
- Take pictures of clutches and write Craftsy class review post
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!