I didn’t mean to stop doing To-Do Tuesdays, much less go almost an entire month without blogging, but the holiday craziness and the new job just got the best of me.
My 2014 was fairly productive. Not as many quilts made as I had planned, but I did do a variety of projects.
The Vintage Quilt Revival top has only been pieced, not quilted yet. The MQG Southwest Individual Charity Quilt top blocks were created by members of our bee, I only sewed the blocks together into a quilt top.
As I was going through my pictures I realized why I didn’t finish as many quilts as I intended. I was busy sewing other things! I made a set of Leaf hot pads, 10 Sew Together Bags (2 not shown), 6 boxy pouches (1 not shown), 2 purses, a stitched anniversary present for Mister, and a napkin and placemat set. In retrospect, I’m rather happy with my 2014 stitching!
My plans for 2015 are fairly simple. Absolutely no Block-Of-The-Months or Quilt-Alongs no matter how tempting they are to join. I have two BOM’s for 2014 that I still need to finish. I also have 4 quilts I must make; two for my nephews and two for my own children. Yep, it’s true that two of my three kids do not have quilts yet. I must rectify that this year!
I also participated in the Modern InstaBee 2014 last year, and I need to put together my blocks and make that into a quilt. I’d like to get my Vintage Quilt Revival quilted this year too.
I will be continuing to work on my F Word Quilt blocks along with Sarah of Georgia Girl Quilts. As I have time I want to finish my 2014 Sugar Block Club quilt and my 2014 Skill Builder quilt.
My other plan for this year is to join up with Leasa over at Project: Leasa for #SewMyStash2015. I have several fabric collections that I haven’t cut into yet (Hello Indelible!!) and I’d like to make something with them before I become a fabric collector.
That covers my 2014 wrap-up as well as my plans for 2015. As far as To-Do Tuesday goes, I’m currently working on my second Moxie quilt. The top was finished two days ago and I just finished piecing the back today. I work Tuesday through THursday this week, which means no sewing for me until Friday. Then I’ll have five days to get the quilt basted, quilted, bound and washed. I must ship this by the 13th so it will get to my niece in time for her birthday. So that is going to be my sole focus this week!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish Moxie Quilt
- Write To-Do Tuesday post ahead of time
- Start South Beach Diet and stick with it! Get Healthy!!
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Remember, you can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!