Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! If you celebrated Thanksgiving last week, I hope you are recovering from your food-coma and that you enjoyed the holiday with family and/or friends!
I made a to-do list last week, but I didn’t really follow it. All of my plans were shoved to the side when all of these packages arrived on my doorstep. A few weeks ago a friend of mine said his wife wanted to get rid of all of her needlework stuff and he asked if I wanted it instead of them dropping it off at the thrift shop. I told him yes (of course!) and he told me that they were sending me “a couple” of packages. EIGHT big boxes showed up at my door, filled with tons of needlepoint kits, cross stitching kits, charts, flosses, fabrics, lapstands, a floor stand, needles, notions, hoops, qsnaps, and stretcher bars. And even more things I’ve forgotten by now. All of this arrived on Wednesday around 11:00am. So my entire thanksgiving prep day went out the window as I dove into all of these boxes and fawned all over my new-to-me treasures. And with this one delivery I achieved SABLE status (Stash Accumulated/Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy). I did manage to prep the turkey by 9 PM, and popped a store-bought pie in the oven while I did that, so I didn’t fail the Mister with turkey dinner!
Since most of Thanksgiving was centered around the new epic stash gift, turkey prep, turkey eating, and turkey dinner clean-up, I didn’t have much time for my crafty stuff. I still have three more fabrics to cut into strips for the bargello quilt. I did manage to get some stitching time in, and worked a few stitches on The Dullahan and The Death Coach while the Mister and I spent a day traveling to get the kids. The fabric is 32 count, so I was really struggling to see the holes and stitch while he was driving. We did get caught in a traffic jam for a little over 45 minutes, so that’s when I took the opportunity to stitch a bit.
After we arrived home Sunday night, I spent a few hours on Merry Xmas. I had hoped to be done with it by now, as my plans were to spend a day stitching during Thanksgiving. I’m going to try and push for a finish by the 30th, but I’m not sure if I will make it.
This weeks plans are to finish cutting the bargello fabrics, and then I have to set that aside while I sew a Christmas gift that needs to be mailed as soon as possible. I won’t be able to show pictures of that gift until after Christmas. I will also be making one last project bag as a Christmas gift for a customer this week. I said I wouldn’t take any commissioned orders, but figured I could squeeze in just the one bag for a repeat customer. But that’s the last one! (She said…repeatedly.)
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish cutting out bargello strips.
- Make Project Bag
- Secret Sewing
- Merry Xmas Stitching – Try to finish
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!