Happy Tuesday! How was your week? Did you make any progress with what was on your to-do list?
There was zero sewing progress over here this past week. The Mister bought a new-to-me netbook so that I could have Windows 7 starter as well as have my usual, and preferred, Ubuntu (Linux based) OS side-loaded in order to use my Electric Quilt 7 software. My usual set up was to use my previous netbook that only ran on Ubuntu and then when I needed to use EQ7 I would drag out this behemoth laptop that had Windows on it. That was really tedious, so I haven’t been using EQ7 at all. The Mister realized that it would be beneficial for me to be able to have two operating systems loaded onto the same computer so that I could use only one netbook to run the programs I needed. He’s such a keeper!
The current problem with the new netbook, however, is that I am not able to use the Ubuntu OS until I get some extra memory. The difference between using the Ubuntu OS and Windows is the difference between being in a jet plane versus a single-engine prop plane. In other words, my new computer is currently as slow as freaking molasses. It’s made doing anything on it very frustrating, since I am used to instantaneous responses. My extra memory should be here soon, so I’m looking forward to enjoying my new netbook more fully, and no longer waiting for DAYS (yes, days!!!) for my files to back up to the cloud.
Good news this week is that I found an out of print, hard to find Tula Pink fabric from Salt Water. I made the mistake of not ordering the seaweed colorway when it initially came out and I have been slowly obtaining the various prints. I ran across the Octogarden print on Etsy and was thrilled! The seller, Stitcherina, is fantastic! Along with the fabric she sent a fat eighth of Lizzy House Pearl Bracelets in a coordinating color. How awesome is that?!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish Backing for Grungy Windows quilt top
- Baste Grungy Windows top, batting & backing together
- Continue with the c25k program. Do the best you can and be satisfied with that!!!
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!