Happy Tuesday! Another week has come and gone, and there was progress made in the ticking away of time. Love that!
Grungy Windows isn’t completely quilted yet. It is taking a bit longer than I expected. Some of that is due to other things coming up last week that kept me from getting into the hobby room. Another reason is each block being quilted in a different pattern. I’ve just finished block 31, and have 11 more to go. The last few blocks have taken me a bit of time to think of a different pattern, draw it out, and then get it quilted. It’s still fun for me though, and that is what is important!
I had some yummy fabric surprises last week. The Mister saw what he thought was fabric I might like and ordered me some yardage. I love what he found! He bought a yard each of Thimble Pleasures – Sewing Machines by Dan Morris for Quilting Treasures in Black and Cream. This fabric is so great and I am planning on making bags with them. The turquoise really pops (more so in real life than in the pictures).
The Mister also found some fantastic motorcycle fabric. This print is Vintage Motorcycle News by Timeless Treasures. He liked it so much that he bought two yards! He did great with his fabric picks. He’s a keeper, for sure. Perhaps his success will lead him to want to find more fabric… He DOES have good taste. [The Mister may read my blog. He’s also pretty smart, so I think he might just pick up my very subtle hint.]
I took a little bit of time to see if I could decide on fabrics for the Bag of the Month Club bag for January. I’m not sure that I will go with either the above or below pictured fabrics for the January Bag. I will say that there is definitely going to be a Walking Dead bag with the red sparkle vinyl at some point in the future, even if it’s not this particular pattern. I also really like the idea of the black and white prints with red as an accent fabric. I think the red sparkle vinyl with the Vintage Motorcycle News print might work together well. What do you think? Sparkle red with that print, or maybe a matte red?
How are your January plans coming along? Any new crafty finishes?
I’d love to hear about them!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish quilting Grungy Windows
- Add binding to the front of the quilt, start hand stitching it to the back
- Make January Bag of the Bag of the Month Club
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!