Happy Tuesday! How is everyone settling into the new year? Have you chosen any projects you want to get done this year? I love watching what you all make throughout the year, and I’m glad you share it here with us!
This past week my sole focus was, once again, the Project Bags. I finished up my two orders and sent them off. The feedback I received was awesome! I worked with two fantastic customers to come up with these bags and I love them! If you know Tula, you know the Acacia Raccoon print is rare and hard to find. I had enough in my stash to make this one bag, but that is no longer available. Because, yes, I’m hoarding my last half yard!
Tula Pink’s Elizabeth line is fantastic for these bags. The 16th Century Selfie print is AWESOME and works perfectly to show through the vinyl front. And that Chain Mail print? Bomb. That’s all I have to say about that!
The Fox Nap print from Tula Pink’s Chipper line was a big hit, and I’ve made three bags from that fabric. It’s just too cute!
Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the finished bags for the second order, so I don’t have the “pretty” pictures I like to take once an item is finished. However, I did grab a status update picture for my customer of her three bags where two were finished and one was a WIP. So at least there is some record of the bags made!
I started Danielle/Stitcherista’s Slytherin bag today. I was so close to being done, but dinner time was headed my way and I had to stop to feed the hungry people in the house. That will be finished first thing in the morning and then I start work on a new customer’s bag. Yes! I have another customer! Yay! I am so excited!! Selling the bags in the shop isn’t going to work out quite like the shop or I had hoped for. I don’t see that as a negative thing, and I need to share that the shop owner is an amazing woman and I am so appreciative for her help and encouragement. I believe I am headed in the right direction though, and I am hopeful I can get an Etsy shop up and running within two weeks. I will have some time this week and next to get some bags sewn for it. I’ll share the link here when it’s done!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish Project Bag commission
- Set up Etsy shop
- Sew bags for Etsy shop
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!