Hello and Happy Tuesday, friends! How has your week been? Have you accomplished what you set out to do? Did you need to adjust your lists? I can’t wait to read what you have been up to.
This week the Mister and I spent quite a bit of time running errands for various little fix-it issues. We also have been hitting the thrift shops and I’ve run across a few great finds. Three fully kitted Theron Traditions charts, circa 1987, with linen and overdyed threads. The larger two kits were $2.99 and the Teaching Sampler was $1.99. Two large pieces of linen (both fat halves, but one with a and one 13″ x 14″ section cut out) for $2.50 total, and a 3/4 yard cut of light grey Jobelan fabric for $1. I also found a little chart for fifty cents, Sweet Violet by Sandy Gervais, and it includes felt pieces to use for flower petals within the stitching. I am thrilled with all these thrifty finds. I also had someone respond to my ISO of post in the Stash Unload group for The Lady In Thread’s chart, Spooky As A Spider, and I was able to purchase this OOP and very hard to find chart for a reasonable price. I can’t wait to stitch that one!!
As far as stitching progress, I finished the house on the Ship’s Manor Halloween Mystery Town SAL. I was really anxious to get started on the border for Sleepy Hollow, so instead of starting on the third part of the SAL, I put that away to finish later. Right now I’m determined to get Sleepy Hollow finished first.
This border is a lot of fun, but not an easy stitch given the beading and the Kreinik interspersed throughout. I just love the little bats, jack o’lanterns, and skulls. This border goes around the main scene, and then around the quote that is stitched under the scene. It will take me a couple weeks to get this done, so I shouldn’t be too far behind with the Ship’s Manor SAL by the time it is complete. We flew my kids up from California to spend a week with us, so I probably won’t be doing too much stitching this week. Right now they’re adjusting to the much cooler weather, so we’re all sitting around under quilts at the moment. LOL!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Work on Sleepy Hollow border.
- Enjoy time with the kids!
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!