Happy Tuesday, friends! It’s time to check our lists and plan for the next week! I am happy to say that I’ve got a couple of finishes to share, and some progress on my cross stitching.
I was thrilled to have finished The Alpine Quilt this past week. After finishing it, I had one day to take pictures and get a Finished Friday post written before the Mister left for Oregon. Since we are in the desert and Fir trees aren’t in abundance, I actually considered taking my quilt and helper kids to some of the stores in town that had their Christmas Decorations up to take a picture. Can you even imagine walking into your local Walmart and seeing some crazy woman trying to take pictures of a quilt near the fake Christmas trees??! It was a crazy moment in my head, for sure. Then I came to my senses and remembered the tree that the town decorates every year for Christmas. As soon as the kids came home from school I shoved them, and the quilt, into the car and headed to the park to take the picture. We won’t talk about the frustration of trying to stay out of the sun, but not stay in the too shady area and then me unknowingly standing on top of a fire ant hill while trying to direct the kids. Did you know that most Arizonans wear flip-flops year round? Sigh. Let’s just end this by saying that I put on quite a frantic display in the middle of town, and that I was able to at least get one successful picture.
I also finished the reversible placemats and the napkins. I wasn’t too thrilled with the ornament side of the placemat, but I absolutely loved the cardinals side of it. And the striped napkins? LOOOOOVE!!
In case you missed it, my friend, Theresa of The Fig Farm, also posted my guest post tutorial on Easy-Bind Mug Rugs this weekend. If you missed it, you can read the tutorial HERE. I absolutely loved these Halloween-themed mug rugs and they are super quick to make!
Lastly, I have made some progress on my Whacky Witches in Stitches cross stitching. I wanted to get a bit more done on this, but my evenings ended up being much busier than anticipated. Still, I just love this witch and I am very close to being done with this clue.
This week I am going to work on the Christmas Mug Rugs for the Oregon house and think about what project I want to do next. I may have some secret sewing in my future as well.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Make Mug Rugs for Oregon House
- Continue working on Wacky Witches WIP
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!