This week was an odd one. My bad headache turned out to be some strange illness that’s going around. I ended up having dull headaches all week and would get worn out and clammy with the slightest activity. I sort of felt like I was on the tail end of having the flu. So weird. I got tired of sitting around waiting to “feel better” so on Sunday I did a bit of minor sewing. I made two grime guards for my Q Snap frames. I also gridded up some black aida in preparation of stitching Let’s Sew designed by Ursula Michael for Imaginating. I got a small start on it Sunday evening.
I recently ran across a Flosstube video on youtube on gridding your cross stitch fabric that I loved. She uses Sulky Sliver (shown on white Aida in picture above) instead of thread and it really makes a huge difference when pulling out the gridding threads. The Sliver is a flat metallic type tape that you can’t sew through. When I used thread on Whacky Witches I kept stitching through my gridding threads and that was a nightmare to remove. Her technique of gridding also gets it done so much quicker. I am using this method from now on! I am gridding some white aida to have ready for my I Cross Stitch Quote chart.
The Burlesque Zombie Portrait is my current cross stitching UFO. I didn’t get very much stitching time in on it this week. There is A LOT of confetti in the frame part of the chart, and it makes for slow stitching. I can tell this is going to be a longer term WIP than I anticipated. It’s on a scroll floor frame, so it’s not portable. We have two long travel days coming up, so the Let’s Sew and I Cross Stitch projects will be great to work on in the car. Having three WIPs will also give me a nice rotation and enough of a break from the Burlesque Zombie that I won’t get too tired of it.
In other sewing news, on Monday I was able to finish the bag I was working on. I am saving pictures for a Finished Friday post. This week I need to work on another bag, and I’d like to make a pillow out of my Halloween Town cross stitch finish from a couple months ago.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Start new bag
- Work on Burlesque Zombie Portrait cross stitch WIP
- Make Pillow
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!